Noise Manager version 1.0, written in Visual Basic Application (VBA) on Microsoft Excel, is specially developed to assist industrial practitioners in assessing the noise situation of the workplace and recommending practical management approaches for problem remedy.
Noise problem is one of the most serious problems in industrial workplaces. To solve the noise problem, ergonomists and safety engineers first need to measure the noise levels of potentially hazardous work areas and assess the current situation. If there is an indication of a noise hazardous situation, appropriate management approaches can be applied to alleviate the hazardous situation.
Noise Manager consists of 8 modules:
1. Calculation of TWA and Noise Dose of an 8-hour Day
2. Calculation of Noise level and Permissible Duration at any Location
3. Construction of Noise Contour Map of a Facility
4. Estimation of Ambient and Machine Noise Levels
5. Determination of Minimax Work Assignments
6. Determination of Minimum Number of Workers (under 90 dBA)
7. Determination of Alarm Device Locations
8. Determination of Dominant Facility Locations
How to Use Noise Manager
Register and Download, Free of Charge!
Source : siit.tu.ac.th